PCP’s favourite – Celebrity besties.
This was going to start out as a top five list but then I ended up with a list of thirteen, so we’ll all just have to deal with that. Also, these aren’t necessarily current friendships, but rather, ones that I’ve been totally on board with at some point. This is probably going to end up being a long one, so get comfy. Maybe go get yourself a coffee, or a snack, or something. Go on, I’ll wait.
Okay, here we go:
13) Paris and Nicole. Besties from birth until (allegedly) Nicole showed Paris’ sex tape at an event in her honour. Although they reconciled and filmed the final season of The Simple Life together, they were never BFF’s again, and Nicole didn’t invite Paris to her wedding to Joel Madden. That being said, they dominated reality tv with their friendship for years, so they’re still one of my faves.
Rumours aside, I personally like to imagine that this is how their fallout went down:
Even though they’re not close anymore, they greeted each other with a hug at some event Sam Ronson held last year:
12) Christina Ricci and Gaby Hoffmann. Basically, these two make the cut because Now & Then is one of my favourite movies of all time and the idea that Roberta and Samantha are BFF’s in real life makes me so happy I might start crying because I get overwhelmed by nostalgia far too easily.
While we’re talking about Now & Then, let’s also take a moment to mention Ashleigh Aston Moore, who played Chrissy, and died of a heroin overdose in 2007.
As a sidenote, her role was offered to Kirsten Dunst, but she turned it down because she would’ve had to have gained a bunch of weight for it. If you’re interested, you can view Ashleigh Aston Moore’s MySpace here.
11) Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. Besties since they were seven, I thought that they’d drifted apart because I’d read somewhere that Selena had become close with Taylor Swift, and then Demi went into rehab, and I hadn’t seen any photos of them together in forever, but they’re still tight.
Seventeen magazine held a luncheon to celebrate Demi’s cover, and although Selena couldn’t be there, she wrote this open letter to be read out at the event:
Demi, first I want to say that I am sorry that I can’t be here with you today, but I just want to say first how proud I am of you. Knowing you since we were seven and watching you become the person you are is truly amazing.
I was there when you sang in front of 10 people knowing all of the words to your songs and I was there when you sang in front of 14,000 people, still knowing all of your songs. You have something that you know has been hard for me to have at times. You have courage — courage to want to change to be better for yourself.
The amount of respect that I have for you is indescribable. You have gone through one of the hardest chapters in your life and I praise you for wanting to share that journey and walk away from it all as a better person. Thank you for trusting me and wanting me there during that hard time. I hope you know how much I love you and how proud I am of the role model that you have become.
10) George Clooney and Brad Pitt. What can you even say about these two? It’s a celebrity power friendship at its best, and they look sexy doing it, so I don’t see a problem with it.
Here’s a fanmade video of pictures of them together:
Because why the fuck not?
George said this about Brad recently:
Brad is one of the great guys. We’re good friends, but it’s different from what people think, meaning we don’t spend a lot of time together. He has been to my home in Como; we motorcycle together. But until recently, I hadn’t seen Brad in a year.
09) Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. These two are on my list because they’ve been friends for years, they were young Hollywood royalty in the 90’s, and because I love Kevin Smith films.
Matt calls Ben his ‘hetero lifemate’ and apparently they’re teaming up again sometime soon.
08) Oprah and Gayle. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past couple of decades, you know why they’re on the list.
07) Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. They’ve been friends since they were young and grew up in Hollywood together, often auditioning for the same roles. Tobey has a cameo (read ‘he was an extra’) in The Basketball Diaries, they were in Don’s Plum together, and then later sued the distribution company together because they didn’t want it to be released, and they’ll be in The Great Gatsby together soon. Look at these photos, they’re too cute.
Tobey has said this about Leo:
He is my best friend and a wonderful uncle to the kids. It is great to share that with him. Leo always accompanied me, once I married, once I became a father. Through that our friendship has become more intense.
I couldn’t find a video of either one of them talking about the other, so instead, here’s a 40 second video of them trying to talk their way into a fight in Vegas. It’s worth it to see Leo giggle like a schoolgirl on the phone.
06) Macaulay Culkin and Seth Green (and Mila Kunis). I love these two, and I love Mila Kunis. She’s in there because while she was with Mac (we’re close.) these guys were like a little posse of cool. Seth and Macaulay worked on Party Monster together, and Macaulay is regularly on Robot Chicken. Seth also guest starred in That 70’s Show, and Seth and Mila are obviously both on Family Guy.
As a side note to this, I’m fairly sure Seth Green stole that jacket from the Buffy set, because I’ve definitely seen Oz wear it.
05) Rihanna and Katy Perry. These two are only this high up the list because they call each other ‘bear cunt’ on Twitter. Seriously. That’s pretty much it. Oh, and I love Rihanna. I can only assume that the Katy that RiRi is referring to in her song ‘Stupid in Love’ about her break up from Breezy is Katy Perry. Something about how she goes back to him ‘even though Katy told me that this would be nothing but a waste of time, and she was right.’
The Biebs has nothing to do with this story, but it’s a cute pic.
Apparently they’re going to do a collaboration at some point, but I feel like I’ve been hearing that forever. That being said, I’m sure if they do that it’ll be a huge smash hit.
04) Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. What can I say? I just love these two. I love Parks & Rec, I love 30 Rock, I love Mean Girls. I didn’t love Baby Mama… but it was okay.
I also love Will Arenett.
Even though I didn’t love Baby Mama, I hope they work together again in the future.
03) Michelle Williams and Busy Phillips. Michelle Williams and I are tight for two reasons, the first being that she’s in another one of my all time favourite films, Dick, with Kirsten Dunst, and the other being that Jen is clearly the best one in Dawson’s Creek. Busy Phillips and I are cool because she’s a part of a batshit Hollywood family, which I really get into, and because I liked her in this movie I saw her in years ago called Home Room, she was fun on Dawson’s Creek, Freaks and Geeks, and I love her in Cougar Town. Yes. I watch Cougar Town. I won’t apologise for it, it’s funnier than the title would have you believe. Anyway, I love these two. I love that Michelle takes Busy everywhere with her, and I love that Busy instagrammed a photo of them at the Oscars from their seats:
02) Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston. They’ve been besties since 1994, what else can you say? They’re inseparable. Jen is godmother to Coco, Courteney’s daughter, and although their have been rumours that they’ve drifted apart since Jen got together with Justin Theroux, I feel like after close to two decades of friendship they’re not going anywhere.
And now, for number one. You can probably guess it if you know me, but whatever. It’s…
01) Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. I know what you’re thinking. ‘Why does Leo get two spots?’ Well, because it’s my blog and I make up the rules as I go. That’s why. I don’t even know where to begin with these two, so I’m going to link you to this tumblr that’s dedicated to them and leave it at that.