Movie Monday: October 7, 2013. ‘Carrie’, ‘Gravity’, ‘Machete Kills’, ‘Out of the Furnace’, ‘Rio 2′ + more!
The story of a young lesbian couple’s beginning, middle and possible end.
Cute new clip, the film looks like it’s going to end up so sad though.
The true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years.
A reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.
YESSSSSS CAN’T WAIT.
A dramatic thriller based on real events, THE FIFTH ESTATE reveals the quest to expose the deceptions and corruptions of power that turned an Internet upstart into the 21st century’s most fiercely debated organization.
New promo photos:
A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space.
- Buzz Aldrin called Gravity ‘remarkable’. [worstpreviews]
- Sandra Bullock keeps defying Gravity with her career. [cnn]
- An astronaut talks about Gravity, ruins the whole thing basically. [nytimes]
The Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf have successfully escaped the Misty Mountains, and Bilbo has gained the One Ring. They all continue their journey to get their gold back from the Dragon, Smaug.
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.
From the soundtrack:
Well, the Oscars won’t be here for this mediocrity, will they?
- Get to know The Hunger Games‘ Josh Hutcherson. [Glamour]
Katniss Everdeen reluctantly becomes the symbol of a mass rebellion against the autocratic Capitol.
New on-set photos:
Jack Ryan, as a young covert CIA analyst, uncovers a Russian plot to crash the U.S. economy with a terrorist attack.
Not for me.
The U.S. government recruits Machete to battle his way through Mexico in order to take down an arms dealer who looks to launch a weapon into space.
New trailer, featuring Lady Gaga’s ‘Aura':
Honestly I just want this film to come out so I can stop talking about it because I am so not here for this.
When Rodney Baze mysteriously disappears and law enforcement fails to follow through, his older brother, Russell, takes matters into his own hands to find justice.
The first trailer was better. I still want to see it, though. Dat cast.
Blu, Jewel and their three kids living the perfect domesticated life in the magical city that is Rio de Janeiro. When Jewel decides the kids need to learn to live like real birds, she insists the family venture into the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in with his new neighbors, he worries he may lose Jewel and the kids to the call of the wild.
YES I’M SO EXCITED. I love the first film, I’m sure the second one will be great, too. Plus, it’s a second chance for Rio to win Best Original Song at the Oscars.
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
New promo photos:
- Harvey Weinstein wants to make Scream 5. [uproxx]
- Stars who started out in horror films. [shocktilyoudrop]
- 6 movies you won’t believe started iconic fashion trends. [cracked]
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about his gay love scene in Kill Your Darlings. [eonline]
- The Silver Chair will be the next Narnia film. [ontd]
- Old Hollywood scream queens. [houseofgeekery]
- Watch a deleted scene from 1998 film 54 where Ryan Phillippe and Breckin Meyer make out. DAT VHS QUALITY. [huffpo]
- The Wolf of Wall Street might be out of the Oscar race because they haven’t finished cutting the film yet. [latimes]
- JJ Abrams apologises for overusing his lens flare. [themarysue]
- The problem with slavery-themed films. [madamenoire]
- Elizabeth Olsen joins The Avengers: Age of Ultron. [ign]
- Ted 2 has a release date. [worstpreviews]
- Dane DeHaan says that Daniel Radcliffe is a great kisser. [eonline]
- The Conjuring is now the third-biggest supernatural horror of all time. [bloodydisgusting]
- The Carrie remake currently has five possible endings. [veryaware]
- Quentin Tarantino’s top 10 films of the year. [tarantino]
- One-hit wonder movie directors. [complex]
- There’s going to be a Stephen Hawking biopic called Theory of Everything. [upandcomers]
- Top 10 most disturbing movie relationships. [starsandpopcorn]
- The Fault in Our Stars with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort will be released mid-next year. [filmthrasher]
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier takes place two years after The Avengers. [slashfilm]
- Natalie Portman: Feminist movies don’t necessarily have kickass women. [jezebel]
- Katie Holmes will star in The Giver with Meryl Streep. [celebitchy]
- Sunshine on Leith review. [telegraph]
- Willem Defoe confirms he will be on Finding Dory. [totalfilm]
- Which Disney villain are you? I got Maleficent because I’m a glam, evil bitch. [buzzfeed]
- How a found footage Friday the 13th film should be done. [dreadcentral]
- Alfonso Cuarón, Gravity director, explains why watching his Harry Potter movie is like watching his parent have sex. [huffpo]
- Harvey Weinstein hints at his Oscar game plan. [thr]
- The Maze Runner has been delayed until September 2014. [zap2it]
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty polarises critics after debut. [ontd]
- Watch the trailer for Twilight: The Complete Saga. [gossipcop]
Movie Monday: September 2, 2013. ‘The Book Thief’, ‘Child of God’, ‘Dallas Buyer’s Club,’ ‘Divergent’, ‘Palo Alto’, ‘Parkland’, ‘Plush’ + more! Movie Monday: August 19, 2013. ‘A.C.O.D’, ‘Blue Caprice’, ‘C.O.G’, ‘Don Jon’, ‘Fading Gigolo’ + more!