The week in celebrity social media and the stories I don’t have time to tell you about: August 17-19, 2013.
Okay, to begin with, this is ‘take two’ because this is the second time I’ve been completely gobsmacked by the insanity of the most extreme portion of Gaga’s little monsters. The first time was also about Madonna, when they tried to get the entire audience of the Super Bowl to boo Madonna. Seriously. Like what even is that logic?
Take two, however, is even more ridiculous, because basically they’re blaming Madonna for the spread of AIDS. Take a moment to re-read that sentence. Blaming. Madonna. For. The. Spread. Of. AIDS.
AIDS, you guys. Madonna’s fault. Liiiiiike… it’s so ridiculous that I’m sitting here with my mouth open, unsure of whether to laugh or not because it’s the most absurd thing I’ve read in weeks. Like this:
I should give you the context of this, though.
So GLAAD is getting Madge to give some award to Anderson Cooper because she’s a gay icon. Fair enough, right? Seems like a non-event to me, but the sector of little monsters who I will just label ‘insane’ have a problem with this because they thought this honour should have been given to Gaga instead. Here’s the letter they wrote to GLAAD:
It has come to the attention to Little Monsters everywhere that you are letting Madonna give an award to Anderson Cooper. Not only is this an insult to a true gay rights activist like Lady Gaga, but it insults every gay man and woman on this planet.
Madonna is one of the major reasons for AIDS. Back in the 1980’s, she encouraged gay men to have unprotected sex. While she certainly didn’t start the disease, she and her lack of morals helped it spread.
Please rethink your choice of having Madonna as a presenter. If you don’t, we Little Monsters will strike back in a way you won’t like.
Lady Gaga’s Little Monsters
Ummm, WHAT?! Okay, somebody show me a time when Madonna encouraged gay men to have unprotected sex because from what little knowledge I have of Madonna’s early history, I’ve never read anything like that and from what I *do* know she’s always been an outspoken advocate for gay rights and was doing it long before Gaga could even walk, and in a time when being openly gay was a much bigger deal than it is today/should ever have been.
Even if she *did* encourage unprotected sex, since when is Madonna responsible for the actions of others? They make it sound as if gay men have no minds of their own and just blindly followed whatever Madonna said was cool, with no consideration of the consequences on their own, which is incredibly insulting.
Finally, the entirely laughable threat at the end: ‘we little monsters will strike back in a way you won’t like’. That they think they have that kind of power is hilarious-slash-sad because it’s so deluded, and the threat to ‘strike back’… like what are they going to do?!
They’re angry because GLAAD has chosen (in their opinion) the wrong candidate for a gay rights advocate, which is obviously important to them, but then threatening them? Like, ‘gay rights is important, but only if you choose the person I want to represent you. If you don’t then I’ll hurt you’.
That’s like, a hate crime, right? Also the ‘GIVE ME WHAT I WANT OR I WILL MAKE YOU SORRY’ attitude is just… like, are you three years old? What is that logic? Especially when IT’S NOT EVEN LIKE THEY’RE GIVING MADONNA AN AWARD, SHE IS GIVING IT TO ANDERSON COOPER. I just, like… I *can’t* with this portion of the little monsters. It’s too much.
- Ke$ha sets the record straight about the whole Die Young thing. Ugh, whatever. [GossipCop]
- MiLo says he will ‘cry from the mountain tops until [he is] heard’ and Lindsay gets help. Hahahahahaha. [ONTD!]
- Look at all these people whose faces are surely red now that the world is still around, after they all gathered at some Mayan temple. [TMZ]
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame is coming out of Disney’s vault next. [ONTD!]
- Emma Watson is a new ad campaign for Lancome. [PITNB]
- Rihanna is celebrating the holidays getting drunk by herself on a beach in Barbados. [TheSuperficial]
- Vinnie Jones to play M in Elementary. [ONTD!]
- James Franco and Seth Rogen fact the apocalypse in This is the End teaser. [GossipCop]
- All the viral videos of 2012 in one. [PITNB]
- The 10 funniest episodes of 2012. [ONTD!]
- Any of you give a shit about Miss Universe? Find out who won here. [GossipCop]
- Jerry Seinfeld explains his jokewriting process in great detail. [HuffingtonPost]
- The Backstreet Boys sing It’s Christmas Time Again and As Long As You Love Me on Jimmy Fallon. [PITNB]
- Ben Affleck dropped out of filming Focus with Kristen homewrecker Stewart. Bet J-Garn had something to do with that. [GossipCop]
- Xtina to perform and receive the ‘people’s voice’ award at the People’s Choice Awards in 2013. [ONTD!]
- Photos from Blake and Ryan’s wedding, kind of. [PITNB]
- Aubrey Plaza shares a nude portrait on Conan. [GossipCop]
- The top 21 YouTube videos of 2012. [Heavy]
- Gaga sent a gift to Daniel Borowy, a victim of another school shooting that was not Sandy Hook. [GossipCop]
- There’s a new trailer for The Great Gatsby that just makes me more and more excited for it to be released finally. [GossipCop]
- The Pitch Perfect 2 rumours have started. Yes, please! [ONTD!]
- A Ukranian politican called Mila Kunis a ‘zhydovka’, which means ‘dirty jewess’. Lovely. [GossipCop]
- Melissa Etheridge and her ex Tammy Lynn Michaels (the bitchy girl of 00′s teen show Popular) are still fighting about money. [Celebitchy]
- Lindsay Lohan refused to kiss Charlie Sheen because ‘his mouth grossed her out’… because she’s the Virgin Mary. [TMZ]
- Ashton finally filed for divorce from Demi. Watch that turn into wedding rumours with Mila in 3.2 seconds. [GossipCop]
- I will never stop laughing. Courtney Stodden and her momma think Courts is ‘a victim of her own beauty.’ Click the link just to see the accompanying photo. [ONTD!]
- My girl Rebel Wilson will be hosting the MTV Movie Awards next year. Can’t wait. Watch the first promo at the link. [GossipCop]
- 31 photos of animals wearing fashionable scarves. [SocialiteLife]
- Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears’ 2012 year in style. [ONTD!]
- Twilight voted the worst movie of all time. [WorstPreviews]
- There’s gonna be a Game of Thrones beer. [PITNB]
- The top 8 shocking celeb couple moments of 2012.[PopSugar]
- Compliance star Ann Dowd starts her own Oscar campaign. [ONTD!]
- Celebs react to the world not ending, Shane West acts like a ‘pretentious ass-kissing Swingtown twit’ about it. That’s a line from Get Over It about his character so it doesn’t really fit, except for the part about him being pretentious. [GossipCop]
- Watch this video of a baby panda with a ball. [SocialiteLife]
- The Enquirer says Daniel Radcliffe is definitely boozing hard, headed to rehab. [Celebitchy]
- I cannot deal with the Breezy and RiRi engagement rumour. Fuck no. [ONTD!]
- Madonna had a huge diva fit at her fans for smoking at her concert and threatened to cancel the show. Because she doesn’t agree with smoking, remember? [GossipCop]
- What the fuck kind of outfit is that, Katie Holmes? [GoFugYourself]
- Things no-one ever asked for: A Modern Family nail polish collection. What? [ONTD!]
- The best celebrity weddings of 2012. [PopSugar]
- The Jersey Shore kids crying about their paycheck for being drunk ending. [GossipCop]
- The Walking Dead renewed for season 4. [ONTD!]
- Kelsey and Camille have finally settled their divorce. [TMZ]
- The 10 best end of the world twitter confessions. [SocialiteLife]
- This montage of Britney’s best faces on The X Factor is amazing. [GossipCop]
- Does it make me a bad Britney stan if this GoFugYourself post made me laugh out loud? [GoFugYourself]
- The Oscar nomination foreign film shortlist. [ONTD!]
- 12 Celebs who were ‘not drunk’ in 2012. [TheFrisky]
- Some stuff about Amy Poehler, Jenny Slate and her upcoming P&R appearance as Jean-Ralphio’s twin sister, there might be another ‘Treat Yo’ Self’ episode (please!).
- Celebrities come together to rally against gun violence in a new PSA. [GossipCop]
- Michelle Obama writes a letter to Newtown. [PITNB]
- Victoria Jackson on Newtown shooting comments: “I don’t regret anything”. [ONTD!]
- Lil Wayne says he regrets his 2007 gun charge in the wake of Newtown. [Idolator]
- Celebs tweet about the NRA conference. [ONTD!]
- Brooke Mueller is at war with Charlie over the twins and her mother took the kids back from Denise Richards. [TMZ]
- Drew Barrymore has teamed up with Wal Mart to peddle some cheap cosmetics to the masses. [ONTD!]
- Kristen Stewart’s latest red carpet disaster. [Dlisted]
- Celeb babies born in 2012. [PopSugar]
- Madonna MDNA tour was 2012′s highest grossing tour, Gaga’s Born This Way Ball was #6. [Idolator]
- 20 dated celebrity endorsements from over a decade ago. [BuzzFeed]
- 100 Gifts for 100 cultural icons. [FlavorWire]
- Some more clips from Django Unchained that I’m not going to watch because I want to wait until the film is released. [ONTD!]
- A LeAnn Rimes nip slip. Ew. [GossipCop]
- Neon signs from NYC. More interesting than it sounds. [CollectorsWeekly]
- Rejected posters for Kubrick’s The Shining. [BuzzFeed]
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel in a bikini. [PopSugar]
- An article that blames the financial crisis for Gossip Girl jumping the shark. I think it’s more likely that it was the awful turn the writing took, but hey, each to their own. [ONTD!]
- Hospital criticism may have triggered Jacintha Saldanha’s suicide. Well, yeah. That’s kind of a given, right? [TMZ]
- MK Olsen making out with her old boyfriend court side, again. [PopSugar]
- Kate Moss in a Vogue Spain shoot. [PITNB]
- 27 INCREDIBLE GIFs that are so totally Raven. [BuzzFeed]
- Breaking Abbey, Stephen Colbert’s Breaking Bad/Downton Abbey spoof. [GossipCop]
- Rooney Mara looks like Rooney Mara. [GoFugYourself]
- The girl with cancer who Charlie Sheen donated $75k to says thank you (and that she doesn’t watch his show). [TMZ]
- In case you’re into Michael Pitt, click here. [ONTD!]
- Justin Bieber talks about his Grammy snub. [GossipCop]
- Emily, this one’s for you. Bad Girls Club stars Camilla (season 8) and Natalie (season 4) boxing each other at a strip club. [TMZ]
- There’s a new Russian real-life Barbie doll. She’s just as scary as the Ukranian one, who is her ‘spiritual sister’. Mmm, okay then. [BuzzFeed]
- Gwyneth Paltrow shoving marshmallows into her face. [GossipCop]
- Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann talk about This is 40. [PopSugar]
- Oopsie! You said ‘restore’ this 18th century French chateau, not ‘demolish’? Are you sure? Either way, it’s gone. [Time]
- Marilyn Manson got 24 stitches after getting into a fight that almost Van Goghed his ear. [TMZ]
- Amanda Seyfried talking to TMZ about Anne Hathaway’s vag slip: ‘I’m a fan of underwear, it keeps me warm.’ LOL. [TheSuperficial]
- A man was arrested for trespassing on Taylor Swift’s property in Nashville. [GossipCop]
- 60 moments that made me tear up on the train while looking at photos of Seattle’s first day of marriage equality. [BuzzFeed]
- LiLo might be headed back to prison. I guess it’s Tuesday. [TMZ]
- Adam Levine is still a babe. [ONTD!]
- The red carpet at the TeenNick Halo Awards. No, I’ve never heard of them either. [GossipCop]
- Jessica Biel and Scarlett Johansson lookin’ like babes at the NYC premiere of Hitchcock. [PITNB]
- The Situation ‘accidentally’ tweeted his phone number. That’s believable. [GossipCop]
- Surprise! All the journalists on Rih’s 777 Tour are getting pissy about being trapped on a plane with a hundred drunken strangers. And also at Rihanna being a diva. Predicted it. [ONTD!]
- Adrienne Maloof has a new mansion, just $20,000 a month, nbd. [TMZ]
- Charlize Theron shaved her head.#ThingsBritneyDidFirst [GossipCop]
- Madonna has a new fragrance out, and, wait for it, it’s called ‘Truth or Dare: Naked’. How about I dare you to keep your clothes on and find a new way to generate publicity, Madge? [PITNB]
- Justin Bieber got ‘attacked’ by ‘cougar’ Jenny McCarthy at the AMAs. Again, who gave her an invite? I don’t get it. [GossipCop]
- Selena Gomez went to the hospital to get tested for strep throat after a night of partying with JB. [TMZ]
- Here’s the ‘Jelena back together for the 500,000th time this week!’ post. [TMZ]
- … Because the first thing I like to do when I get pulled over by the cops is put it on Instagram. Surprisingly, this is a story about Justin Bieber, not Amanda Bynes. [TMZ]
- Madonna and Psy basically humped on stage. It’s as disgusting and attention-seeking as one would expect. [GossipCop]
- The guy who accused the voice of Elmo is now recanting, saying that he was of age when they banged after all. [TMZ]
- Kelly Rowland has a new video out for Ice, which is nowhere near as catchy as I’m Dat Chick, but makes up for it by being completely oversexed. [Idolator]
- MTV is throwing a ‘Restore the Shore’ fundraiser to rebuild Seaside Heights, NJ after Sandy. [ONTD!]
- Some pics of Leo filming The Wolf of Wall Street. [JustJared]
- PETA is angry at the organisers of the T:BD pt 2 premiere after party because apparently they thought it was a great idea to have caged wolves hang out at a party. [GossipCop]
- Raekwon and Ghostface Killah from Wu-Tang talk about Ol’ Dirty Bastard on the 8 year anniversary of his death. [TMZ]
- Here’s a preview for Cake, a collab between Gaga and Terry Richardson. It’s pretty much what you’d expect from those two. [ONTD!]
- The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards were on. [Vogue]
- Christina is still going on about how good-but-misunderstood-and-ahead-of-its-time Bionic is, and basically gives herself all the credit for the success of Moves Like Jagger. Same old, same old. [ONTD!]
- Again, I can see way too much of Kristen Stewart at the UK premiere of T:BD pt 2. [PopSugar]
- Elizabeth Banks and her husband welcome a second son. [GossipCop]
- The first Game of Thrones season 3 teaser poster/premiere date. [ONTD!]
- Bon Jovi’s daughter Stephanie had a rough day; First she OD’d on heroin and then she got arrested. [TMZ]
Welcome to today’s edition of PCP’s Favourite, the second entry in our famous kids series. Today we’re looking at my favourite children of celebrities, and I’m sure it’ll be no surprise to any of you which children make the list. Sorry, Shiloh. Better luck next time.
Why I love them: Well, they’re Britney’s kids. What else can you say? What else do you need? Oh okay, well if you insist on an actual reason, here’s a video of them being ridiculously cute and dancing to Toxic:
And if you’re wondering which one I favour, it’s Sean Preston, only because I feel like the majority of Britney’s fanbase favours JJ because he looks so much like baby-Britney, and also because he’s a diva on the dance floor:
Why I love them: They’re just so well dressed. All of them. Say what you want about the Beckhams, they are one fierce, fierce looking family. The boys are all adorable, and now with Harper as well? Well, you know she’s going to be a huge diva when she grows up.
Why I love her: She’s fierce. I mean, how could she not be, she’s the daughter of the queen of pop, so it’s in her genetics, and she seems like a pretty normal teenager despite her mother being a huge star, which is cool. Aside from that, though? She’s super pretty and has her own fashion line, I WANT HER LIFE.
Just ignore the parts with Kelly Osbourne. Yuck. If you watch around 6:30 you can see Lola looking bored while her mother speaks to her. See? Normal teenage girl.
Why I love her:
Whip My Hair is my jam and if she comes to Australia and performs I will be there because I think she’s a fantastic entertainer for someone who’s not even in their teens yet. Also I think she’s a decent role model for other kids, so good on her.
Why I love her: She is by far the prettiest celebrity spawn, I mean, look at her, she’s like a real life doll. She’s also the poutiest and probably one of the most spoilt children in the history of ever, and yes, if you’re wondering, I’m incredibly jealous of her life. If you’re a big weirdo like me, then here’s a video of her first public words, to paparazzi taking photos of her:
And here’s Katie talking about Suri and some other stuff that’s not as important: