Posts tagged ‘Nicki Minaj’
Lena Dunham and I have a complicated relationship, in that I was sure that I hated her, and then she started having the same opinions as me and now I’m confused. It’s like, read this quote from her about fame and its responsibilities, and RiRi and Chris Brown:
“[Fame is] an amazing thing and it’s like, it’s a platform that you have to take seriously.”
“Which is why sometimes it’s like I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it’s like again, I don’t want to ever throw stones from my glass house, but I follow her on Instagram and I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna,”
“Like you know, she left Barbados, she’s had this amazing career, she’s won a Grammy… She’s talented.”
“And then she gets back together with Chris Brown and posts a million pictures of them smoking marijuana together on a bed, and it cracks my heart in half in a way that makes me feel like I’m 95 years old.”
Okay, so first up, let me say that Lena referring to Rihanna as ‘that pop star’ as if anyone in the whole world doesn’t know who she is irks me hard and kind of makes me want to slap her. Moving on from that, though, I begrudgingly agree with everything she says about Rihanna and Chris Brown.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think that pop stars should have to live their lives censoring themselves because they’re role models to their young fans and behaving the way that their publicist wants them to. I’m a Britney fan, remember, and my very favourite era was liek ’03-’04 when Brit Brit stopped giving a fuck what people thought and started doing whatever she wanted (The good old days, before the great underwear depression of late ’06-07, the head shaving, the rehab, the umbrella, and the ‘I’m going to hold my son hostage, wait why are you locking me up?’ situation).
It’s not Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Ke$ha or Nicki’s responsibility to make sure that their young fans are being raised properly and not just blindly following in their idol’s footsteps. Every time I go to a concert I get annoyed because I see these mothers with their young, young children and I just know that they’re going to be the ones complaining about how inappropriate the concert was for children, when really what they should’ve done is taken a quick glance at the tracklisting of the pop star’s album and been like ‘Get Naked (I Got A Plan)… no, you’re not going to this concert, because you’re seven and I said so.’
As a side note to this, did I tell you guys about what happened at Nicki Minaj? If I did, I apologise, I’m going to tell you again.
So Tyga, as in, ‘get your grandma on my dick,’ was opening for her, and when he performed Rack City for the second time (which I actually loved because let’s be honest, that’s the only song that anyone knew), he pulled all these girls up on stage to dance/sing along etc. and two of the girls were like… easily under the age of 10. So the song’s going along, you know ‘ten, ten, ten, twenties on yo’ titties, bitch,’ and then he pulls this little girl who’s dressed like Nicki out from the line up, bends over so they’re eye to eye, and is like ‘rack city, bitch, rack rack city, bitch,’ and then holds the mic in her face and gets her to repeat it. Oh, and he’s all shirtless and sweaty by this point, to paint you an accurate picture. It was simultaneously the most inappropriate and hilarious thing that I have ever seen happen at a concert. After Tyga finished, Alicia and I watched her mother make a frantic 20 minute phone call that we assume was to the girl’s father to be like ‘should we leave? Should I take our daughter home? What just happened?!’
My point is, if she’d bothered to listen to Pink Friday, she would’ve heard the lyrics ‘I’m a bad bitch, I’m a cunt, and I’ll kick dat ho, punt, force trauma, blunt, you play the back, bitch I’m in the front,’ and been like ‘she may look like a cartoon character but perhaps this woman’s concert will be inappropriate for my child.’
All of that being said, though, none of those situations have involved domestic violence. Britney being a bad role model back in the day was like, partying too hard and dressing slutty, you know? It wasn’t condoning getting back together with someone who publicly tried to kill her and left her for dead on the side of some street in suburban LA. I think the reason I find it so irritating though is because I know that Rihanna is aware of her impact and the potential repercussions of her actions:
‘When I realised that my selfish decision for love could result in… into some young girl getting killed, I could not… I could not be easy with that part. I couldn’t be held responsible for telling them “go back”. Chris… even if Chris never hit me again, who’s to say that their boyfriend won’t? Who’s to say that they won’t kill these girls? And these, these are young girls, and I could not… I just didn’t realise how much of an impact I had on these young girls lives until that happened. It was a wake up call. It was a wake up call for me, big time.
You see what I mean? It’s so frustrating, because she knows exactly what she’s doing and how powerful she is, and doesn’t have a problem with showing them that it’s okay to go back to someone who is still on probation for TRYING TO KILL YOU and that you should ignore the opinion of everyone around you. And it sucks because I love her, you guys know how much I love her. My pop hierarchy goes : Britney, then Rihanna, then whoever has a hot single out at the time. And now she’s making me like Lena Dunham, ugh. RiRi, I just can’t with you right now.
- Gamers are calling for a shooter cease fire from December 21-22. [ONTD!]
- James Franco thinks Lindsay is such a trainwreck because ‘she gets book deals’. She has yet to write any books. [TheSuperficial]
- 26 things Rihanna didn’t apologise for in 2012. [BuzzFeed]
- Lady Gaga slammed by PETA again. [GossipCop]
- Lisa Vanderpump defends Brandi Glanville. [SocialiteLife]
- Game of Thrones season 3 will be longer by one hour. [PITNB]
- Edward Furlong accused of assaulting his girlfriend. Again. [TMZ]
- Anne Hathaway and Samuel L Jackson in a Funny or Die clip. [GossipCop]
- Men of the 90′s, then and now. [TooFab]
- Tom bought Suri a pony and a $13.5 million mansion for Christmas. I want her life (but without Tom in it). [Dlisted]
- Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard are officially divorced. [TMZ]
- Christina Aguilera turns 32, see her craziest looks. [TooFab]
- Stevie Wonder donates $100k to the same little girl with cancer that Charlie Sheen donated $75k to. [TMZ]
- Anne Hathaway is vegan. [Celebitchy]
- LiLo’s pissy that people believed that she would do bar mitzvahs and stuff. [TheSuperficial]
- Amanda Seyfried talks about sucking off popsicles while filming Lovelace. [GossipCop]
- Listen to the jazzed up whiskey version of Gaga’s You and I. [Idolator]
- RiRi bought a $12 million mansion. [TMZ]
- David Letterman opens up about sex scandal to Oprah. [GossipCop]
- Check out DiCaprio’s latest blonde. [IDLYITW]
- The 69 most mouthwatering Gosling moments of the year. [BuzzFeed]
- The stars get pissy about Instagram’s new terms and conditions. [GossipCop]
- The less fucks Miley Cyrus gives about what people think of her, the more I like her. Here she is celebrating her birthday with a big booty ho. [TMZ]
- LeAnn Rimes needs to shut the hell up, for real. [GossipCop]
- Jason Schwartzman will guest star on Parks & Recreation. [ONTD!]
- The 18 best Lana Del Rey-isms of 2012. I WANT HER FINGERNAILS (I sound like such a creep, I want my nails to look like that, not like, “I want her fingernails to keep in a jar”.). [BuzzFeed]
- Why Love, Actually is actually the shittiest Christmas movie. [Salon]
- Drew Barrymore plays Pinot Pong with Chelsea Handler. [GossipCop]
- The craziest national costumes for Miss Universe. [TooFab]
- The top 10 celebrity fueds of 2012. [ONTD!]
- Check out some photos of AnnaSophia Robb filming The Carrie Diaries. [JustJaredJr]
- President Obama is Time’s Person of the Year again. [GossipCop]
- Look at this cute photo of Obama with some White House staffer’s kid dressed as Spiderman. [TMZ]
- Oh, Rose. What has happened? [Popoholic]
- The worst movies of 2012 review themselves. [ONTD!]
- The best movies of 2012. [BuzzFeed]
- Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber ‘swatting’ prankster arrested. [GossipCop]
- Justin Bieber released Macy’s commercial bloopers video. [Idolator]
- Camilla Belle and Tim Tebow split up. [ONTD!]
- Chris Pratt got hella ripped for Zero Dark Thiry and then gained a bunch of weight. [TooFab]
- OscarWatch 2013. #TeamDiCaprio [ONTD!]
- Angelina Jolie will direct Unbroken, the true story of Olympian Louis Zamperini. [GossipCop]
- Time magazine’s coolest person of the year is Lena Dunham. Ugh. #displeasure [ONTD!]
- The guy who played Jet Set on Workaholics had a heart attack and died. [TMZ]
- The most awful ‘honest’ guys on OKCupid. [BuzzFeed]
- The worst ‘nice guys’ on OkCupid. They’re two different posts. [BuzzFeed]
- Watch the trailer for To the Wonder, with Rachel McAdams and Ben Affleck. [GossipCop]
- Lindsay Lohan clogged the toilet of her Scary Movie 5 trailer, says she didn’t. It’s Lindsay, she’s a well-known liar. [TMZ]
- Claire Danes had a baby boy. [PopSugar]
- Nicki Minaj talks American Idol. [ONTD!]
- Alicia Keys performs Brand New Me on Letterman and I didn’t watch it because it sounds as boring as Girl on Fire. Release something fun already, Keys. [Idolator]
- Jimmy Fallon threw a pitcher of water in Tom Cruise’s face. [GossipCop]
- Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland on the cover of Teen Prom 2013. [JustJaredJr]
- The ultimate fighter whose girlfriend broke his dick is going to pay for his medical bills by selling pictures of his bloody, broken penis. [TMZ]
- The cast of Titanic, then and now. [TooFab]
- Who’s your favourite new mother of 2012? [PopSugar]
- Harry Styles got a tattoo of a ship on his arm and Taylor was there with him. [GossipCop]
- Watch the trailer for James Franco’s new film ‘Interior. Leather Bar’. [PITNB]
- Ian Watkins, the lead singer of Lostprophets, has been charged with sexual offences again children, specifically, a girl under the age of 13. [ONTD!]
- Five fun facts about Home Alone. [TooFab]
- Watch Marky Mark and Rebel Wilson in the trailer for Pain & Gain. [GossipCop]
- Tony Hawk stirs up controversy with a photo of he and his daughter on a skateboard with no helmets. [ONTD!]
On Sandy Hook:
- Again, gamers are calling for a shooter cease fire from December 21-22. [ONTD!]
- Ted Nugent is a hick who needs to do his research. #SorryNotSorry. [ONTD!]
- Judd Apatow says he wrote the child murder jokes in This is 40 years ago. [TMZ]
- The Django Unchained premiere was cancelled. [GossipCop]
- The Voice coaches sing Hallelujah while holding cards with the victims names and ages. [GossipCop]
- The NRA breaks its silence on Sandy Hook. [SocialiteLife]
Spoiler alert, Boyfriend is number one. Good morning, my dears. Can you believe there’s only 23 days left of 2012? This year has flown by, and now’s as good a time as any to take a look back on the year in (pop) music. The following is a list of my favourite songs of the year. What were your jams this year? Leave me a comment and let me know! Oh, and next week we’ll be looking back on the year in television, both scripted and reality. Get excited, 2013 is almost upon us.
25 National Anthem, Lana Del Rey.
24 Good Time, Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen.
23 Promises, Nero and Skrillex.
22 Earthquake, Labrinth ft Tinie Tempah.
21 Scream, Usher.
20 Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen.
19 Sorry For Party Rocking, LMFAO.
18 Pound the Alarm, Nicki Minaj.
17 I Knew You Were Trouble, Taylor Swift.
16 Rack City, Tyga.
15. As Long As You Love Me, Justin Bieber ft Big Sean.
14 Starships, Nicki Minaj.
13 Throw Your Hands Up (Dancar Kuduro), Qwote ft Pitbull & Lucenzo.
12 Your Body, Christina Aguilera.
11 What Makes You Beautiful, One Direction.
10 Moves Like Jagger, Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera.
09 Bangarang, Skrillex ft Sirah.
08 Payphone, Maroon 5 ft Wiz Khalifa.
07 Scream & Shout, Will.i.am ft Britney Spears.
06 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Taylor Swift.
05 Titanium, David Guetta ft Sia.
04 Niggas in Paris, Jay-Z & Kanye West.
03 Where Have You Been, Rihanna.
02 Take Care, Drake ft Rihanna.
01 Boyfriend, Justin Bieber.
- Here are some photos of Leonardo DiCaprio kissing Joanna Lumley. As in, Ab Fab’s Patsy Stone. [Dlisted]
- Another photo of Jared Leto in drag. [PITNB]
- Praise for P!nk and her AMAs performance. [ONTD!]
- MiLo is all ‘Dina and I were ON A BREAK!!!’ about his lovechild. Of course you were. [TMZ]
- LiLo is looking forward to finding true love. [Celebitchy]
- Katie Holmes took a nap on a NYC subway with Suri in tow. [PITNB]
- The Parks & Rec cast is headed to Indianapolis to shoot. [ONTD!]
- Jennifer Lawrence: Honey Boo Boo caused my car accident! [GossipCop]
- Here’s a teaser video for GOT season 3. [PITNB]
- John Krasinski lookin’ like a babe. [LaineyGossip]
- Ke$ha live at the Today Show. [ONTD!]
- Nicki Minaj’s video for Freedom has been released. [GossipCop]
- The voice of Elmo, Kevin Clash, quits Sesame Street after allegations of sex with another underage boy emerge. [TMZ/GossipCop]
- 1d on Ellen. [Idolator]
- Lana Del Rey in Paris. [JustJared]
- Christina Aguilera’s Lotus is only expected to sell 75,000 to 80,000 in its first week, while 1D is expected to sell over 500,000. Ouch. [ONTD!]
- Bon Jovi’s daughter gets the heroin charges dropped. [GossipCop]
- Nicki Minaj’s commercial for her first fragrance Pink Friday is totally creepy, tbph. [PITNB]
- Ann M. Martin picks her top 10 Baby-Sitter’s Club books. [EntertainmentWeekly]
- Taylor Swift performs State of Grace live on The X Factor US. [Idolator]
- Miley Cyrus is granted a restraining order against the scissor-wielding guy who broke into her house. [ONTD!]
- Photos from The Museum of Natural History Gala. [SocialiteLife]
- Justin and Selena meet up again. [TMZ]
- Rihanna’s pop report card. [Idolator]
- Chloe Moretz at the BBC Children in Need Auction. [JustJared]
- Katie Holmes on Jimmy Fallon talks Dawson’s Creek, Dead Accounts, and plays charades. [GossipCop]
- I can’t wait to hear the radio version of Lana Del Rey’s Cola, as it will be her next single. I hope she does a Britney and just claims that the word isn’t pussy but rather, something that sounds nothing like it. Like in Do Somethin’ it’s apparently ‘freak!’ not ‘fuck!’ and in How I Roll? That’s ‘you can be my thug tonight,’ not ‘you can be my fuck tonight.’ Sure, Britters. Sure. [ONTD!]
- Listen to Ke$ha’s C’Mon. [Idolator]
- Kim Kardashian at the Marine Corps Ball. [GossipCop]
- Carrie Fisher says that she will be in Star Wars VII. [ONTD!]
- Katie Holmes Dead Accounts Vogue feature. [JustJared]
- Rihanna’s 777 Tour, day two. [Idolator]
- CBS cancels ‘Partners’ and I’m bummed out about it because I actually really like it. [ONTD!]
- A Missouri man is accused of planning a mass shooting at T:BD pt 2. [GossipCop]
- Please let this be the last Breaking Dawn premiere. [JustJared]
- I really hope that when they say ‘Kate Moss documentary’ they actually just mean ‘all the footage from the coke scandal.’ [ONTD!]
- The estimated first night figures for Breaking Dawn pt 2. [GossipCop]
- The BSB have a new holiday song out called ‘It’s Christmas Time Again.’ [Idolator]
- James Franco at the Rome Film Festival. [JustJared]
- RiRi is naked on the cover of GQ. I feel like this should have an ‘again’ at the end of that last sentence. [GossipCop]
- Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, is facing allegations that he was involved with a 16 year old boy when he was 45 and has taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street. Any minute Courtney Stodden will tell them to get married. [TMZ]
- Justin Bieber met up with Selena Gomez in a hotel in NYC the other day. [ONTD!]
- Taylor Lautner would consider doing a Jacob spin-off. [GossipCop]
- My inner schoolgirl swoons for this tribute to Leonardo DiCaprio’s hair in the 90′s. [Buzzfeed]
- Somehow I missed that Nicki Minaj has her own reality show now, and this week she addresses her divafight with Mariah Carey. [Idolator]
- Jennifer Lawrence loved gaining weight for Silver Linings Playbook. [GossipCop]
- A teenager was arrested for wearing a joker mask to a Colorado theatre. [WorstPreviews]
- Leo spent his 38th birthday beatboxing and rapping to 2Chainz with his buddies. [OTND!]
- He also raised $500,000 for the Red Cross, with additional money going to other charities supported by the Leonardo DiCaprio foundation. [GossipCop]
- Amanda Bynes says she never heard from Jennie Garth, despite Jennie saying otherwise. [TMZ]
- Jon Hamm lookin’ hammered. [TheSuperficial]
- Anne Hathaway is on the cover of Vogue, talking about her weight loss for Les Miserables. [GossipCop]
- 7 Celebrities ruined by Twitter. [Buzzfeed]
- The first look photos of James Franco, Rachel Weisz, Mila Kunis, and Michelle Williams in Oz the Great and Powerful. [WorstPreviews]
- Ashley Greene is on the cover of Seventeen magazine, hopes that Rob and Kristen drama doesn’t affect fans’ reaction to Twilight: Breaking Dawn pt 2. [GossipCop]
- Kelly Clarkson is still releasing music, has a new video for Catch My Breath. [PITNB]
- Wes Craven says there’s no news on Scream 5 yet, asks if we want another one. [WorstPreviews]
- Chris Brown is still a twat, defends dressing up as a terrorist for Halloween. [GossipCop]
- Peaches Geldof is knocked up again and all I can think about is that Presidents of the United States song. Millions of peaches, peaches for me… Millions of peaches, peaches for free. [Dlisted]
- Scarlett Johansson in the shower on the cover of V magazine, talks Hitchcock. [ONTD!]
- Taylor Swift is on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar, talking about how she used to bawl her eyes out over Internet gossip. [GossipCop]